Wednesday, February 18, 2004

My Liver Hates Me.





Hi kids. So I know it's only Wednesday but I'm about ready to start my weekend, how about you? I haven't had a drink in two days and my liver is dancing circles of joy. Tonight though, I think I'm just gonna 'giver like the dudes in Fubar, if you happen to see a small asian girl doing handstands on Granville Street later on in the evening, come over and say hello, I can guarantee that that girl will be me. If you are a reader from the Vancouver area, you should probably stop by the DV8 lounge and sit back to the weekly musical stylings of Mar and Kayla - sure they're only vinyl monkeys (and local celebrities?!) but oh darling, what fine ones they are! I should mention that Mar's birthday was last weekend (Valentine's Day) and we spent alot of time doing bad things at the Astoria (see photo above) and if you happen to run into her on the street sometime soon, ask her why she chose to walk around sans-underwear for a good part of the night. Trust me, she probably won't remember but it'll be fun none the less.

Anyways, so DV8 is a favorite place of mine thanks in part to the dirt cheap drinks and pretty as all hell martini's - order a Jungle Boogie if you can, I know it's hard to let those words roll off your tongue without feeling like an ass (say it with me; "Juuuuungle-Boooogie!") but really, I promise it's going to be worth it. Also, for the alcoholics, I will mention that the Met in Gastown (Abbott & Water st) features $2 pints of beer every day of the week and come on guys, I'm not even talking about the cheap shit, I'm talking about quality brew for the price of a bus ride!

Also, This Friday, the fine Miss Hana will be hosting a Nirvana Tribute show at Pats Pub, you should pick up your dignity and dirty plaid shirts from the corner of your bedroom and make your way down Hastings because I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. Also on Friday will be a performance from The Robosexuals, Threedots and Bel Riose - It's at the Cobalt and that means cheap beer!



No comments: