Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I go out little, these new terminologies intrigue me always.

I went to the VAV Gallery last night for the "Getting Help" photography show. Exhibiting artists were Alana Riley, Heather Trawick (her piece was unfortunately mangled by the projector prior to my arrival), Elena Willis, Geoffrey Mattie, and Alexandre Seguin Dores. The pieces by Elena Willis and Geoffrey Mattie were particularly compelling, though I'd wished that I'd have had the opportunity to see Heather's piece.


I met a gentleman named Patrick, who works with Cluny, an "art-bar" at 257 rue Prince here in Montreal. He had some stylistic tips for Matt, which were along the line of "clean face/hairy chest" or "hairy face/clean chest"...

Michael Doerksen mentioned that he would be performing at the Pavillion Gallery opening (1206 St. Laurent, I believe?) on Saturday, as a member of The 10 Commandments along with Wolf Parade I'll put more details up about the exact location, cost, exhibiting artists and time as I get them...

No comments: