Thursday, August 05, 2004

Yes, Yes, WOLF PARADE is the best band in Canada.

fucking googlesearch.



...And judging by recently received e-mails and internet buzz, the rest of North America will soon know it. Wolf Parade's recent string of shows with Modest Mouse have made them a desirable commodity - unfortunately I've heard they've already run out of CDs and shirts...
The Audioscrobbler site rates them #1, beating out TV On The Radio, The Unicorns, The Fiery Furnaces and every other worthy and unworthy buzz band that's dared to pop their delicately sculpted haircuts above the underground in the past couple years. All this attention without a publicist, too!

Montreal kids get the chance to either jump on the bandwagon or chase it down and burn it, backlash-style, this Friday. They're playing at the Rialto on Ave. du Parc, opening up for Modest Mouse. The oversold show might be a wee bit difficult to get into, though - and with capacity issues, don't expect backdoor fellatio to be gaining you access, though I'm sure the effort would be appreciated.



from Panos Cosmatos' site...


Filmmaker, designer, and Moebius fan Panos Cosmatos has designed some truly stunning posters that will be for sale at the show tonight as well, check them out (as well as other work) at his gallery at http://www.panoscosmatos.com/gallery...




OTHER WORTHY BAND NEWS: Vancouver's Pink Mountaintops (side-project by Black Mountain frontman Steve McBean) received a solid 8 out of 10 from Britain's ire-raising musicpulp, NME.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, aren't you their publicist?

Anonymous said...

http://www.panoscosmatos.com/gallery

i beleive they'll be selling these posters at their merch table for a while.

ps. Love the Pink Mountaintops.

Panos

Jay Watts III said...

It's a hobby, not a profession.

PS Panos - e-mail me, if you're going to be in Montreal this fall (or next year) I want to do an artshow for you...

jaywatts@gmail.com

Jeremy Brendan said...

I just picked up the latest WP ep @ Cheap Thrills today and I think they have some more in stock (they also have the first album if anyone didn't pick it up before).

"Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts" sounds almost as good as it did at the Go Rin Do loft party in the winter. Spencer can apparently record with the best of them--even on my semi-shitty computer speakers, the riffs and tones leap out at you like ravenous leprachauns. (or even famished wolves!)

[insert promotional plug here...
For a more complete CD review, you're welcome to visit http://jeremybrendan.blogspot.com ] :)

Hey Jay Watts III, when do I get a link in the "locals" sidebar of your site? Is there some sort of application form I have to fill out? I don't have my driver's license but I can send you my social insurance number if you need it. :)

Jay Watts III said...

Jeremy! You'll get one tomorrow - sorry I've been so slack in updating and keeping this together... Must be my alcoholism! Tomorrow because this scotch is going to my head, and not sooner!

Pax!

Jeremy Brendan said...

Thanks, Jay.

Pacifica eternus.

Has your site changed its name to Goldkixx? I have you listed the old "goldkicks" way. Let me know.

Thx.
JB

Jay Watts III said...

Goldkixx or goldkicks - either is fine!